my uucp

mwm at ea.UUCP mwm at ea.UUCP
Fri Dec 7 03:43:00 AEST 1984

/***** ea:net.unix / orca!brenda /  1:04 am  Dec  3, 1984 */
Lauren has been saying this for months now.  A few years ago he was
sending out messages just like this about Marc, the Unixy system for
eight-bitters, until finally he admitted that it was never going to
happen.

Sounds like a lot of vaporware to me.

The story was that MARC was cancelled because it wouldn't have sold in the
face of IBM PClones & 68000 boxes. Probably true, but a lot of us who use
8-bit systems still curse everytime we think about MARC - not because it
was vaporware (my beta version isn't to shabby), but because we can't get
it.

	<mike