Writers Workbench

Don Steiny steiny at scc.UUCP
Tue Dec 11 05:02:25 AEST 1984

**
	About the portability of Writers Workbench (WWB).

	I have ported it to 4.1, 4.2, Wollongong V7 UNIX, and
a unknown port to the IBM/PC.   The only problem is in
"prose.c", where the help strings (information strings) are
in giant strings (" .... ").  For smaller systems these
strings need to be broken into arrays of strings.

	I work with a company that supports WWB on non-System V
systems.  AT&T only supports System V. (they like to refuse
to even admit 4.2 exists :-)).

	I am sure that Bill King would be happy to answer questions
recieved by mail.  His system is not on the net.  Bill and I
wrote an article on WWB in October UNIX World.  Bill's net address
is:

	ucbvax!ucdavis!billk

When he gets home, I will ask if it is ok to post his phone number.
Write me if you are interested.

	Besides WWB we are supporting other CAI software,
including C/PILOT.

--
scc!steiny
Don Steiny - Personetics @ (408) 425-0382