my uucp

Tony L. Hansen hansen at pegasus.UUCP
Sat Dec 8 07:02:09 AEST 1984

< We just got a letter yesterday announcing release of System V Release
< 2.2 (or some such) which has, among other things, paging!!  Quote: "You
< can run processes up to 16 MB, even if your processor has only 2MB of
< real memory."
<
< =Spencer

>From what I've been told, the system comes configured to work with processes
with up to 24 bits of address space, hence the 16MB. If your machine (such
as the Vax) will handle a larger address space, the kernel can be
reconfigured easily [:-)] to handle address spaces of up to 32 bits (4GB).

					Tony Hansen
					pegasus!hansen