Anybody have any experience with (Vax) Tartan C compiler?

William L. Sebok wls at astrovax.UUCP
Tue Dec 4 06:04:33 AEST 1984

Tartan is advertising a C compiler for Vax BSD Unix.  Some of their claims are
	Optimized object code that makes your programs run up to three
	  times faster.
	Object code that's up to 55% smaller.
	Optional array bounds checking
	More complete error diagnostics.

Price is $2000 for one cpu.  There is a 15% educational discount.  Their
sales dept. phone number is (412) 621-2212.

Has anybody had any experience with this? Sounds interesting if their claims
are true.  I have felt (as stated in previous postings) that Unix on the Vax
has badly needed a super-optimizing C compiler.  Whether this is it I don't
know.

Reply to me and I will summarize to the net.
--
Bill Sebok			Princeton University, Astrophysics
{allegra,akgua,burl,cbosgd,decvax,ihnp4,noao,princeton,vax135}!astrovax!wls