found lurking in ~uucp of a major node

Guy Harris guy at rlgvax.UUCP
Sun Dec 16 12:22:51 AEST 1984

> I found a tar file containing a README with the following line:
>
> THIS CODE IS PROPRIETARY TO BELL LABS.  DO NOT GIVE IT TO ANYONE ELSE.
>
> (of course, I stopped reading immediately when I saw the above)

What's really funny is that one piece of code that has that line (I'll
bet it's what this is from, considering that piece of code has exactly
that comment in a file called README) is the "curses/terminfo" package
which is distributed with System V Release 2 - in fact, the package *shipped
with S5R2* has that note in it!

	Guy Harris
	{seismo,ihnp4,allegra}!rlgvax!guy