Unix for 11's

WEBER at USC-ECLC.ARPA WEBER at USC-ECLC.ARPA
Tue Feb 28 16:47:00 AEST 1984

From:  Allan Weber <WEBER at USC-ECLC.ARPA>

Our group is currently using a PDP-11/55 running RSX-11M in our
laboratory for a variety tasks and are considering changing it over to
running some version of Unix.  Seeing as nobody in our group has much
Unix experience, we are a bit confused as to what versions are
available (and who we get it from) that would run on our hardware
(256kb, separate I & D space, floating point unit, 2 80Mb disks, mag
tapes).  If anybody has any advice that would clear up the confusion,
it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

				Allan Weber
				USC Image Processing Institute