Using more than one 'yacc' in a sing - (nf)

jab at uokvax.UUCP jab at uokvax.UUCP
Wed Feb 8 14:48:27 AEST 1984

#R:sri-arpa:-1629500:uokvax:6100017:000:731
uokvax!jab    Feb  5 21:10:00 1984

/***** uokvax:net.unix / sri-arpa!wales at ucla-locus /  7:28 am  Feb  3, 1984 */

I recently had just such a situation on my hands, and I got around it by
massaging the symbols in question so they would be unique -- as shown in
the following sample excerpt from a makefile:

blah.c blah.h: blah.y
	yacc -d blah.y
	mv y.tab.c blah.c
	mv y.tab.h blah.h

blah.o: blah.c blah.h
	cc -S blah.c
	/lib/c2 blah.s | sed 's/_yy/_blah_yy/g' | as -o blah.o
	rm -f blah.s

Rich has provided a workable way to do this, but be warned that if you
don't have "flexnames" (arbitrary-length variable names) the names that
this generates might be longer than eight characters and eventually cause
you grief.

	Jeff Bowles
	Lisle, IL