Request for Structured Analysis Tools.

rcr at omsvax.UUCP rcr at omsvax.UUCP
Tue Jan 31 06:54:20 AEST 1984

I am interested in purchasing Unix tools that implement the Structured
Analysis/Structured Design method of software design.

My immediate requirement is for a tool that will allow easy
construction of data flow diagrams.  Hard copy must be supported.  The
tool must be immediately available.  Interactive graphic editing is not
required.  If the tool requires special terminals, some porting work,
or is not too bright, that is OK.  I am in a hurry to get something on
the air.

My long term requirements are for tools that support the full SASD
method.  Thus high-quality manipulation data flow diagrams, data
dictionaries, control flow diagrams, and mini-specifications must be
supported.  The tools must also check consistency, generate reports,
and allow home-grown extensions.

Please send me any information that you have.  I will post my findings
to the net.

			    Roger Ray
			    Intel
			    Software CAD Group, Tools Team