Pocket Guide to Unix - (nf)

woods at hao.UUCP woods at hao.UUCP
Sat Jan 28 06:51:15 AEST 1984

  My 4.2BSD manual *is* copyrighted. The copyright notice is:

  Copyright 1979, Bell Telephone Laboratories, Incorporated.
  Holders of a UNIX/32V software license are permitted to
  copy this document, or any portion of it, as necessary for
  the licensed use of the software, provided this copyright notice
  and statement of permission are included.

  I interpret this as saying you can publish your booklet, but you can't
sell it for money or distribute it to anyone who doesn't have a 32V license.
I'd check the particular manual you are planning on copying if I were you.

	     GREG

P.S. I think it is a great idea. I'm sure it would be a big hit here if
someone did a 4.2BSD version.
--
{ucbvax!hplabs | allegra!nbires | decvax!kpno | harpo!seismo | ihnp4!kpno}
       		        !hao!woods