problems with restor

jlh%amsaa at sri-unix.UUCP jlh%amsaa at sri-unix.UUCP
Fri Jan 20 00:08:28 AEST 1984

From:      John Halliburton (SSAO) <jlh at amsaa>

i'm sorry too ron...somethimes you guhru's ought to come down the hill to
where we "line" folks labor.  We customarily do a 0(zero) level dump on
the file system where the user directories are.  (since they are most frequently
changed).  This takes two tapes.  After mounting and writing the second tape
using 'dump'. It is absolutely necessary to remount the first tape to get
a 'restor tv | print' (the old dumpdir).  The drive appears to read about the
first 15 or 20% of the tape and rewind.  Parse it anyway you want but if that
is not the front of the first tape, I don't know what it is.  Feel free to
come down to vax caverns any day around 4pm (1600) to watch this mysterious
project.
                             john