Unix and the IBM PC

Chuq Von Rospach chuq at cae780.UUCP
Sat Jan 14 03:49:05 AEST 1984

I saw a story in the paper today which said that IBM has announce the Unix
operating system for the IBM PC. A PC with 256K of memory, a 10Mbyte hard
disc, and $900 can buy the new PC/IX operating system, which was ported by
Interactive Systems for IBM. There wasn't a great amount of detail, but IS
specializes in System III, I think. There was a comment about making it
easier to talk to companies big machines, so I assume that it supports
uucp, which I don't believe Coherent does. Anybody out there know more
about this? (It may actually get my to buy a computer!)

--
-- Diogenes looked in and laughed--

>From the dungeons of the warlock		Chuqui the Plaid
Note the new address:				{fortune,menlo70}!nsc!chuqui

~And as I lived my role I swore I'd sell my soul for one love
 who would stand by me and give me back the gift of laughter~
		- Winslow Leech