DBX under 4.2BSD

Greg Woods woods at hao.UUCP
Fri Jan 20 09:07:07 AEST 1984

  Well, the highly-touted new debugger is a piece of junk, at least the
vanilla-flavored version we have on our 4.2 VAX 11/750 system. The "trace"
and "stop" commands do not work, or at least, not at the place you specify.
Has anyone else been successful using dbx(1) on f77(1) programs? Does
it work on C programs? Has anyone else noticed the same problem we have?
Are there bug fixes we haven't heard about yet? I can't wait until our
FORTRAN hackers find out that the debugger doesn't work. I forsee the
UNIX<-->VMS debate heating up again (shudder).

		    GREG
--
{ucbvax!hplabs | allegra!nbires | decvax!kpno | harpo!seismo | ihnp4!kpno}
       		        !hao!woods