Connecting VAXen running VMS, UNIX i - (nf)

Spencer W. Thomas thomas at utah-gr.UUCP
Fri Jan 6 00:36:29 AEST 1984

I think that you probably have your SYTEK boxes set up wrong.  We NEVER
lose information over ours.  You do need flow-control at the host end,
though.  You can either do this with ^S/^Q, or, of you have cooperative
hardware (e.g. Able DH/DM), with an out-of-band signal.  The effective
throughput rate of the Sytek System 20 (terminal interface) box is about
9200 baud, according to our calculations.  You should also check to make
sure that your system is well configured.  There are a number of
parameters you can set, which, if set improperly, can slow down the
network quite a bit.

So, before you badmouth someone's equipment, make sure you have your
facts right.

=Spencer