Local Networks

TITCOMB%dec-marlboro at sri-unix.UUCP TITCOMB%dec-marlboro at sri-unix.UUCP
Fri Jan 27 01:45:00 AEST 1984

From:  Allan Titcomb <TITCOMB at dec-marlboro>

I would like to learn more about the real networking world.  From what
I have heard so far it seems that sites often end up with quite a number
of networks, protocols, and systems supported with varying success.
Certainly, there is much more to the story than I had thought.

I would like to know which implementations on Ethernet have been moved
to various sites successfully, what hardware is supported, which operating
systems etc..

Is anyone running both TCP and something else on the same wire?

Who has the best terminal concentrator on Ethernet?  Does it support VAX's?
20's ? both??

Thanks for whatever comes my way.

Allan
   --------