How can I get bigger processes on 4.1BSD ?

wcs at ho95b.UUCP wcs at ho95b.UUCP
Thu Jan 5 13:01:11 AEST 1984

The users on my system would like to have 12 MB processes for some
large simulation programs.  (I have a VAX 11/780 with 4MB of memory.)
I followed the "Operating/Installing
4.1BSD" instructions, which say to increase MAXTSIZ, MAXDSIZ, and
MAXSSIZ in sys/h/vmparam.h.  Whenever a process gets bigger than
about 8 Meg, the system crashes.  I'm using interleaved swap to get
2 hp?b sections of swap space, and I don't get an out of swap space
message.

Has anybody successfully done this?  What should I check?  Any help
will be much appreciated.

			Bill Stewart at BTL-Holmdel
			ucbvax!ihnp4!ho95b!wcs
			decvax!harpo!ho95b!wcs