Personal Computers running UNIX

MCB at MIT-MC.ARPA MCB at MIT-MC.ARPA
Mon Jul 9 14:26:00 AEST 1984

From:  "Michael A. Bloom" <MCB at MIT-MC.ARPA>

Do you have a favorite small computer that runs UNIX?  I intend
to buy a machine running UNIX towards the end of the summer, and
would like information to help me make a decision. Please tell me:

What machines do you know of that have a decent UNIX implementation?
What do you like best about it/them? What misfeatures are present?

I'm particularly interested in info on 68K and 16032 based machines,
but welcome info on others.  4.x would be a plus.  So would a
non-4.x system that nonetheless has job control.

If you work for a manufacturer of UNIX based machines, send me a line
about your product.  If you own such a machine, please also write.

If there is interest, I will summarize to the net.

Thanks,
	Michael Bloom - mcb at mit-mc (arpa) - ..!vortex!ttidca!mab (uucp)