UNIX to VMS communication problems

Daryl Gibson universe at byucsa.UUCP
Wed Jul 18 03:29:07 AEST 1984

<>
I am having problems transferring files from our
UNIX Sys. III unit to a VAX running VMS. The transfer
seems to work fine at 300 baud, but not at 1200,
over a Ventel 212 link. At 1200, the file
on the VMS side bombs out after a short number
of characters. I imagine this is a parity or
flow control problem, but not knowing VMS adequately,
I don't know how to solve it. We are using
cu(1) to call the VMS system and then reading the
file from UNIX using cat(1) into a VMS editor.
Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daryl R. Gibson
BYU Communications Dept.

decvax!harpo!utah-cs!beesvax!byucsa!universe