Looking for BASIC interpreter

J Lepreau j at utah-cs.UUCP
Mon Jul 16 07:53:23 AEST 1984

Well, if you don't want to pay $$$ to AT&T, you can get one for free
from the U of NM, in the Unix tradition:

    From harpo!seismo!hao!kpno!downey Mon May 23 10:09:23 1983
    Subject: 4.1bsd basic
    Newsgroups: net.unix-wizards

    We have been running a very nice Basic from U of NM, Albuquerque, for a few
    months. It is all in C and looks well written. It is very much like IBM's
    VM Basic, except for no 'print using'. It was free for a tape.

    FLAME ON
    I have sent mail to people as they ask for Basic on this newsgroup
    but never received an acknowledgement or any sign that the mail got
    through. Thus, I am posting this for general readership. I got this
    from the net in the first place so apparently people are as tired of
    hearing requests as much as I and not bothering to respond. Now please,
    look through old news or something, but NO MORE BASIC REQUESTS, PLEASE.
    FLAME OFF

    Contact
		    Bob Tomlinson
		    University of New Mexico
		    Computer Center
		    2701 Campus Blvd.
		    Albuquerque, NM  87106
		    (505) 277-6131
		    (not on net as far as I know).

    Elwood Downey, Kitt Peak National Observatory, 950 N. Cherry Ave, Tucson, AZ
		   (602) 325-9221
		   {{{ucbvax|utah-cs|purdue|mcnc}!arizona}|unc|hao}!kpno!downey