Hiding from w(1)

west at sdcsla.UUCP west at sdcsla.UUCP
Sat Jul 7 15:52:27 AEST 1984

A while back, I questioned the propriety of allowing users to hide
their game-playing -- I just didn't see the point, since game-playing
on off-hours has absolutely no deleterious effects on anyone or anything
(except the player), and game-playing during heavy loads isn't something
which should be hidden.

Since then I've received several response from people pointing out my
naivete`.   With real-life examples of administrators and ``stereotypical
MBA types'' who seem not to possess a long-range sense of reasonability.

So I withdraw my statement and promise to look into this ``real world''
thing everyone talks about before I make any further idealistic
pronouncements.   From a distance, of course...

		-- Larry West, UC San Diego, Institute for Cognitive Science
		-- decvax!ittvax!dcdwest!sdcsvax!sdcsla!west
		-- ucbvax!sdcsvax!sdcsla!west
		-- west at NPRDC

Not everyone can be stupid and correct at the same time.