marketing unix

Guy Harris guy at rlgvax.UUCP
Sat Jul 21 13:36:06 AEST 1984

> > 3) BSD UNIX's terminal driver has a superior user interface than do any
> > of the BTL UNIXes (including V7) - the point made in the quote above.  Why
> > can't System V properly erase tab characters in ECHOE mode?
> >

> It *can*.  Ksh does.  /bin/sh doesn't.

OK, I rephrase my question: why can't System V's terminal driver properly
erase tab characters in ECHOE mode?  Ksh does, but that's because (I presume)
it's not using the terminal driver, but doing its own erase/kill processing.
"/bin/sh", and all other programs that let the terminal driver do erase/kill
processing, don't because the terminal driver doesn't.

	Guy Harris
	{seismo,ihnp4,allegra}!rlgvax!guy