GET20

RCONN at SIMTEL20.ARPA RCONN at SIMTEL20.ARPA
Mon Jul 16 02:23:00 AEST 1984

From:  Richard Conn <RCONN at SIMTEL20.ARPA>

	David Towson (towson at amsaa) has contributed an excellent tool
called "GET20" -- it is now in the MICRO:<UNIX.TOOLCHEST> directory on
SIMTEL20 in the files AUTOFTP.DOC (documentation), GET20. (Bourne
shell script), and BEHEAD.C (utility source).  For those UNIX systems
on the DDN, GET20 provides a very convenient way to transfer masses of
files from SIMTEL20 with ease.  For instance, the command

	get20 -a unix unix.crclst

transfers (as ASCII) the file UNIX.CRCLST from the MICRO:<UNIX>
directory on SIMTEL20 to a file of the same name in your current
directory.  Likewise, the command

	get20 -8 cpm.zcpr3 *.com

transfers (as 8-bit binary, automatically reformatting all ITS-binary
files to their normal format) all *.COM files in MICRO:<CPM.ZCPR3>.
David reports that he transferred all 185 files in MICRO:<CPM.ZCPR3>
in one command as a batch job when he was not logged in.

	I've tried it, and I really feel it is an excellent tool.

		Rick