Least We Forget: MULTICS

Eachus at HI-MULTICS.ARPA Eachus at HI-MULTICS.ARPA
Sat Jul 7 09:14:00 AEST 1984

From:   "Robert I. Eachus" <Eachus at HI-MULTICS.ARPA>

    I've  been  waiting  for  someone to drop this shoe, but you seem to
have forgotten that Multics is not dead, but alive and well, and still a
much  better  development  environment  than  Unix.  In spite of all the
people  who  think  that Ada was designed with Unix in mind, most of the
development  work  was  done  on  Multics.  I feel that many of the best
features  of  the  program  library  concept in Ada would not be present
without the Multics background of the designers.

                                        R. I. Eachus