shared read/write data segment under unix/C

ron at gatech.UUCP ron at gatech.UUCP
Tue Jun 5 20:35:42 AEST 1984

.....How do they implement COMMON in f77?
	Does anyone know of a way to share a data segment between several
processes running concurrently on a vax 780 so that data written to the
data segment by one is visible to the others? Is there a loader option
which permits shared write segments? Please respond by mail.
	I have done this under VMS and its possible if not straightforward.
I have heard that unix doesn't have a good way but it seems that there
should be something I can do.
	thanks.
	ron at gatech

--