Systen V ged(1G) on 4.2bsd - (nf)

pedz at smu.UUCP pedz at smu.UUCP
Sat Jun 9 14:59:00 AEST 1984

#N:smu:18500010:000:911
smu!pedz    May 26 23:59:00 1984

I have the desire to bring up the graphics editor that comes with
system V on our 4.2 bsd system.  My first problem came when I
discovered that the tape was not a tar tape but a cpio tape.  At the
present time I have not been able to compile cpio because of three
undefined symbols.

My questions are
1) Can I read the system V tape with a 4.2 command?
2) If no to 1 then what must I do to compile cpio and make it work?
3) How much work do you expect bringing up the graphics editor will
   be?  It seems to me that it should use very little signals or other
   system dependancies.
4) Has anyone used this graphics editor?  Is it worth going to all
   this trouble for?

This seems to be of limited interrest so send responses to me via
mail.  I will post the results of this note if there is an interrest.
I will also post the results of any success I have in this project.

Thank You
Perry
convex!smu!pedz