Modem7 transfer utility for Unix

JOHN at SRI-CSL.ARPA JOHN at SRI-CSL.ARPA
Wed Jun 13 15:33:00 AEST 1984

From:  John McLean <JOHN at SRI-CSL.ARPA>

A program called UMODEM by Lauren Weinstein <lauren at ucla-security> may
meet your requirements.  The info I have says that UMODEM runs on
PDP 11/44, 11/70 and VAX 750.  I haven't tried this program myself and
haven't heard any opinions from other people so can't pass on any
opinions.

The UMODEM program is discussed in an informative document titled
"Using the Modem File Transfer Program for File Transfers to and from
Micro-Computers".  This document can be FTP'd from sri-nic as
<documentation>modem.doc.

John McLean
Telenova Incorporated         ARPANET:  John at sri-csl
                              UUCP   :  cithep!sco!tnova!jdm
-------