I, for one, tried ksh and don't like it

Robert Snyder rjs at bonnie.UUCP
Tue Jun 5 23:03:12 AEST 1984

Geoff Kuenning may have had poor character echo time with ksh,
but I have been using ksh as my default shell and have had
no problems with echo time.  (This is on System V Release 2).
I run ksh in emacs mode and in general, characters echo
immediately.  There is one case where this is not true and
may be what Geoff was experiencing.  If you insert characters
at the beginning of a long command, ksh rewrites the entire
command every character.  This is so it doesn't have to depend
on the existence of special terminal capabilities.

	Robert Snyder
	clyde!bonnie!rjs