Hiding from w(1)

Greg "Bucket" Woods woods at hao.UUCP
Sat Jun 30 02:09:18 AEST 1984

  There are *many* reasons I can think of why you cannot openly play games.
In our case, we had to remove all the games on our 11/70 system because
a senior scientist objected. It seems that one time he was present at
a government installation when some government bigwig came in, saw people
playing games, and threatened to cut off funds. I'm sure attitudes like
this are not limited to the government, either. The point is, *I* know that
playing games when no one else is using the system does not interfere with
real work (and costs no more money), and *you* know that, but not all those
in power do, and their opinions are often the only ones that matter. Yes,
Mr. Spock, it is not logical. But it is there nevertheless.

--Greg
--
{ucbvax!hplabs | allegra!nbires | decvax!stcvax | harpo!seismo | ihnp4!stcvax}
       		        !hao!woods

   "I only want to hold you, I don't want to tie you down"