Anyone have a multiple tape tar for 4.2?

chuqui at nsc.UUCP chuqui at nsc.UUCP
Thu Jun 21 02:41:47 AEST 1984

I have a program which runs as a front end to tar that handles a number of
nice things that tar doesn't such as multiple tapes and incremental
backups. I've posted it before (it was written for 4.1 and I haven't gotten
it up on 4.2 yet) and I can make it available again as soon as I do a few
performance fixes to it. It was used (it may still be, for all I know) as
an alternative to dump on a 4.1 system where I wasn't able to take the
system single user for backups and was in production for about 6 months. It
doesn't require any changes to tar, but a few minor fixes could make it run
MUCH better.

chuq

--
>From the ledge of the seventh cornice:			Chuq Von Rospach
{amd70,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4}!nsc!chuqui			(408) 733-2600 x242

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime
you just might find, you'll get what you need! -- Rolling Stones