4.2 and another

Gregory R. Travis greg at isrnix.UUCP
Mon Mar 5 05:51:26 AEST 1984

   Can anyone give me performance statistics for 4.2 vs. 4.1?  Before it
hit the marketplace I heard all kinds of things about it zooming along.
Now it seems this is not quite true - any real benchmarks out there?
What are the general feelings towards 4.2?  Do you find your machine
doings lots more and with greater efficiency?  I'll post results to the
net (promise).

   Also,  if anyone can give me a hint about 2.9BSD I'll be indebted
forever.

			Thanks,
--
    Gregory R. Travis
    Institute for Social Research - Indiana University - Bloomington, In