Shell programming style -- a plea for better shell scripts

Steven M. Kramer smk at axiom.UUCP
Sun Mar 4 05:06:41 AEST 1984

Matt's idea of putting SORT= ... at the beginning of a shell script is
excellent.  May I further that to makefiles.  If I want to use a test
utility, and that includes ANY program used in the makefile, I have
to rewrite tha makefile (and usually take a couple of times to undo
the quirks.  If I forget other types of files related to shell and make
files, I mean for these enchancements to go into them also.  An idea
whose time is come.

--
	--steve kramer
	{allegra,genrad,ihnp4,utzoo,philabs,uw-beaver}!linus!axiom!smk	(UUCP)