UNIX <-> VMS communication

sventek at lbl-ws.arpa sventek at lbl-ws.arpa
Wed Mar 14 09:03:01 AEST 1984

There are two commercially available TCP/IP implementations for VMS:
the aforementioned Access-T software from Compion, and Dave Kashtan's
port of the 4.1c BSD network code, available from The Wollongong Group.
We have tried both, and currently use the 4.1c port, since it performs
between 5 and 7 time faster.  Another added benefit is that the format
of the network data files is identical to that used by 4.2 (Sun or
otherwise), and it also implements the set of r* protocols popular in
4.2 environments.  I am not positive, but I think that the price is
comparable.

                                 Joe Sventek
                                 ARPA: sventek at lbl-ws.arpa
                                 UUCP: ucbvax!lbl-csam!j