Improving C

Us.Travis%cu20b at BRL-VGR.ARPA Us.Travis%cu20b at BRL-VGR.ARPA
Sun Mar 11 14:47:41 AEST 1984

From:  Travis Lee Winfrey <Us.Travis%cu20b at BRL-VGR.ARPA>

Don't be so quick to call Pascal slow and C quick.  I can list compilers (just
as well as you can) on various machines for either language that are as slow as
or as fast as you want.  Although a lot of the suggestions in the original
Improving C do not reflect the flavor of the language, many of them would be
quite useful.  I personally would kill for built-in type checking and array
bounds checking during the debugging phase of my programs.  They could be
removed after the program reached production quality....

Travis
-------