Need troff compatible printer (cheap)

Rich Amber richa at tekred.UUCP
Sat Mar 3 05:46:43 AEST 1984

<this line for the line eater>

     HELP!!!  I am in need of a small, inexpensive, dot-matrix
or ink-jet printer which will accept standard nroff/troff output
from a PDP 11/70 running Unix 2.9bsd.  The ones I have located
so far would require the writing of additional software to drive
them. Other than Qume and Diablo, are there any out there that
can be driven from existing software? Note that "inexpensive" is
also one of the criteria.
     This printer must be capable, as a minimum, of changing type
size (6,8,10,12,14,18pts), having boldfaced text, underlining and
proportional spacing.  I DO NOT want to have to write any new
software.
     Thanks.
                                 Rich Amber
                                 tektronix!tekred!richa