"net.sources" available to Internet

dpk%brl-vgr at sri-unix.UUCP dpk%brl-vgr at sri-unix.UUCP
Sat Mar 3 12:04:38 AEST 1984

From:      Doug Kingston <dpk at brl-vgr>

	Well, its like this...  Net.sources is just a special newsgroup
in the USENET news system, which is primarily circulated among UUCP
sites (although there are other connections).  USENET carries many
of the same discussion groups we have here in the ARPA/MILNET world,
and many we do not.  The reverse is also true.  Net.sources has not
normally been available to the ARPA community.  This is now changed.
I am now prepared to mail out all submissions to net.sources via mail to
all Internet hosts that wish to subscribe.  I am calling the mailing
list "unix-sources" to reflect the actual content of the newsgroup.
Please send requests to be added to the "unix-sources" mailing list to:

	unix-sources-request @ brl-tgr

I would like to request that only one addressee per site subscribe
since some of the mailings will be quite large. For the time being, this
will be a one-way distribution.  Mailings to unix-sources will be
forwarded back to me, and not the list.  If appropriate, I will enter
them into the news system here at BRL so that they reach USENET as well
as the Internet.  Please note that the host BRL-TGR is on BRLNET1
(192.5.21.4) so you will need to be have this net in your routing tables
if you do not have a default routing to a prime gateway.  BRLNET1 can be
reached via BRL-GATEWAY (26.3.0.29).

				Cheers,
					-Doug-

					Douglas P. Kingston III