New termcap entries

clover.negaard%berkeley at ucharpo.UUCP clover.negaard%berkeley at ucharpo.UUCP
Tue Mar 20 06:57:34 AEST 1984

From:  Eric Negaard <ucharpo!clover.negaard at berkeley>

   I have noticed that many terminals that are out now have line drawing
character sets, and that these are unsupported in current versions
of termcap.  I feel that it would be useful to add such specifications
to termcap, and am willing to do it if you send me the sequences
necessary for your favorite terminal.
   What I propose is the following: a capability for starting and ending
a graphics sequence (similar to "so" and "se"), and eleven other entries
for all of the possible graphics characters.  Tentative names follow.

Gr			Begin graphics sequence
Ge			End graphics sequence
Tl			Top left corner
Tr			Top right corner
Bl			Bottom left corner
Br			Bottom right corner
Hl			Horizontal line
Vl			Vertical line
Tj			"Tee" or top join
Bj			Bottom join
Lj			Left join	( |- )
Rj			Right join	( -| )
Cj			Center join or intersection	( + )

  Has anyone ever done anything like this?  Do any of the names clash
with existing capabilities?  Suggestions for things to add?  Please send
comments/replies directly to me.

			Eric Negaard
			negaard at aerospace
		   or:	ucharpo!"l.negaard"@berkeley