readnews questions

Neal Weidenhofer neal at denelcor.UUCP
Wed Mar 7 07:11:24 AEST 1984

		> 25 min (on a moderately loaded pdp-11/44)?

	2.	I am trying to split my news reading into two parts --
		"work" and "personal".  To do this, I created a couple
		shell scripts that look like:

			cp x .newsrc
			readnews
			cp .newsrc x

		The problem is that the second cp USUALLY doesn't work --
		after I exit readnews and get my prompt back, x is
		unchanged.  About one time in ten, x is updated properly.
		I can (and do) always redo the cp by hand and it works
		then.  Can anyone help?

			Regards,
				Neal Weidenhofer
				Denelcor, Inc.