mail program

hcarter%brl at sri-unix.UUCP hcarter%brl at sri-unix.UUCP
Fri Mar 16 10:56:05 AEST 1984

From:      Harold Carter (AFIT) <hcarter at brl>

We recently became a host on the arpanet and all works well except we can't
mail messages using "mail" (it was not updated for arpanet use, if such a
thing is possible).  The ONLY way we seem to be able to do it is set up
the headers manually, then cat the message to /usr/spool/netmail.  Even
then we are not sure the message really goes anywhere.
	My request is: Does anybody know how to update "mail" to handle the
arpanet?  If so, and if the source to "mail" is needed, can you supply the
source to "mail"?  If "mail" is not the way to go, how about "msg"?  Can you
supply the source to "msg"?  We are running BSD4.1 on a VAX 11/780.

			Thanks....	Hal Carter
					Air Force Institute of Technology