Data General TCP/IP Announcement

ron at BRL-TGR.ARPA ron at BRL-TGR.ARPA
Fri Sep 28 06:21:09 AEST 1984

From:      Ron Natalie <ron at BRL-TGR.ARPA>

I sat through a sales presentation for DG TCP/IP.  Under their
4 BSD product, they claim they are supporting all that Berkeley
did.  This includes FTP, TELNET, MAIL, and things like rcp, rsh.
I stressed that that is the only way the customers I was representing
would buy it.

The only interface that they are currently supporting is Ethernet.
I again stressed that they must support ARP.  I also encouraged
them and explained that it would not be that difficult to provide
1822 (Distant Host) and HDH interfaces.  As usual, the sales people
claimed to be considering it.

This is all I know.

-Ron