Automatic nice for bg

John Dailey dailey at lasspvax.UUCP
Tue Apr 23 03:52:08 AEST 1985

We have alot of people here who believe in running cpu intensive jobs
in the background and not nice-ing them. We are running 4.2 bsd. What
changes must be made so that someone using bg or & to start a job will
get automatically niced to, say, 15. I regret if this question has been
answered, but we are new on the network and I can't find anyone who knows
around here. Thanks in advance.

|				      John H. Dailey                         |
|				      Center for Applied Math.               |
|				      Cornell U.                             |
|				      Ithaca, N.Y. 14853                     |
|		  {decvax,ihnp4,cmcl2,vax135}!cornell!amvax!dailey (USENET)  |
|			     amvax.dailey at cornell.arpa (ARPANET)             |