echo command always prints its arguments

David Herron, NPR Lover david at ukma.UUCP
Sat Apr 6 16:22:24 AEST 1985

>Shouldn't this be in net.jokes?  If echo didn't print its arguments,
>what good would it be?!?  I mean, what else does your version do?
>Can you give me an example of how you would use your `-q' option?

Ok....

	echo -q This creates an empty file >new.file

Since, with csh, there is no longer an easy way to create an empty
file.  (With sh one could type just ">new.file").

--
--- David Herron
--- ARPA-> ukma!david<@ANL-MCS> or david%ukma.uucp at anl-mcs.arpa
---        Or even anlams!ukma!david at ucbvax.arpa
--- UUCP-> {ucbvax,unmvax,boulder,oddjob}!anlams!ukma!david
---        cbosgd!ukma!david

	"The home of poly-unsaturated thinking".