AT&T license agreements - are they over doing it?

Robert N. Berlinger naftoli at aecom.UUCP
Wed Apr 10 04:36:30 AEST 1985

Every time we want to upgrade to the latest and greatest version
of System V (.2.x.x ad nauseum) we have to have new license agreements
executed.  I don't know about everywhere else, but over here, it's a
big administrative hassle to get the higher echelon to sign things,
especially when they don't know the first blasted thing about what they
are signing.  Usually it sits on some lawyer's desk for a while, etc.
until finally, 2 or 3 months after we order the product, we are able
to send back a signed license agreement and wait the usual 4-6 weeks
delivery from AT&T.

It seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that one umbrella license could
cover all future updates and save everybody the paperwork.  Am I wrong?
--
Robert Berlinger
...{philabs,cucard,pegasus,ihnp4,rocky2}!aecom!naftoli