How to get ">" symbol when referring to articles?

Little Guy ronbe at tekred.UUCP
Mon Apr 8 09:42:55 AEST 1985

> Is there an elegant way to get the ">" symbol before articles when
> referring to other people's postings?

In my case, using readnews (boo hiss), I have a little
csh program called quote that I use with vi:
#! /bin/csh
# Add something to the beginning of each line
sed -e "s/^/$1> /"
In vi, position the cursor over the first line to be
changed, then type !#Gquote x
The # is optional, and specifies an ending line number
to be changed.  The x is also optional, it is a
parameter to "quote".  If x were "--", I would have
--> lines like this.
Nothing will happen when you type !#, and when you type
the G, an "!" will appear at the bottom of the screen.
This is where you type "quote x".
--
Support bacteria - It's the only culture some people have!
	...tektronix!tekred!ronbe (Ron Bemis)