UN*X License Plates

Paul S. R. Chisholm psc at lzwi.UUCP
Sat Apr 27 05:12:05 AEST 1985

> I was wandering through the company parking lot the other day
> and came across the following UNIX license plate on a car:
>
> 	2) Who sells them?
So far as I know, no one sells them.  I got mine from DEC at
the 1983 Usenix in Boston.

> 	1) What's this supposed to mean?
It's a Unix license, of course!
("Live free or die" is the state motto of New Hamphire, a hotbed
of DEC Unix activity, I presume.)

	-Paul S. R. Chisholm
	...!{pegasus,vax135}!lzwi!psc   The above opinions are my own,
	...!{hocsj,ihnp4}!lznv!psc      not necessarily anyone else's,
	...!{pegasus,cbosgd}!lzmi!psc   including my employer's.