Xenix & crypt

David Wright dww at stl.UUCP
Tue Apr 16 17:56:27 AEST 1985

Don't people out there (in the NSA etc.) realise that we have had UNIX in Europesince BEFORE they decided that we shouldn't have CRYPT?  There are lots of
non-USA sites with the DES-version en/decrypt in their previous versions of
UNIX.   So all this stupid restriction is doing is forcing new UNIX sites
to waste time chasing about to see who has a copy on their older site.  It
won't stop DES getting out of the USA!

The stable door has been opened.  It's too late to shut it now.