C-kermit release 4.2 bug(s)?

Stefan Kristensson stkr at enea.UUCP
Mon Apr 29 10:35:26 AEST 1985

I am trying to use the new C-kermit relase 4.2 to transfer entire directory
trees from one Unix system to another. Following the documentation I tried
the following commands:

Receiving system:	kermit -qik | tar xf -
Sending system:		tar cf - | kermit -il /dev/... -b ... -s -

The result is that the sending kermit is hanging and the terminal i beeping
until stopped by ^C. Looking in the log shows that the Send Initiate packet
has been transmitted and acknowledged.

I also tried the following commands:

Receiving system:	kermit -qik | tar xf -
Sending system:		tar cf - | kermit -qil /dev/... -b ... -s -

This time the transfer almost succeeded but the last 2560 bytes of the
transmission got lost.

The sending system is a 4.2 BSD system and the receiving system is a Genix
system.

Is there anyone that have had the same problem and found out why this
happens and (hopefully) have a solution.
--
	Stefan Kristensson
	ENEA DATA Sweden

	UUCP:	{seismo,decvax,philabs}!{mcvax,ukc,unido}!enea!stkr
	ARPA:	decvax!mcvax!enea!stkr at berkeley.arpa
		mcvax!enea!stkr at seismo.arpa