GNU software: how is it available?

Brandon Allbery bsa at ncoast.UUCP
Tue Apr 2 05:45:47 AEST 1985

Expires:

Quoted from <273 at philabs.UUCP> ["Re: Re: Public Domain EMACS available from GNU Project"], by vip at philabs.UUCP (V. I. P.)rom...
+---------------
| Since I am new to the GNU discussion.  I, personally, would greatly
| appreciate it if someone could post a listing of all the software
| available from the GNU project.  There is obviously some confusion
| as to the amount of software available and its degree of readiness
| for circulation.
+---------------

Not to mention *how* it is available.  We can read Plexus-style cartridges,
or TRS-80 Model 16 DD floppies (preferred), or the standard IBM format SSSD
floppies.

Are any plans being made for distribution of Gnu software other than on
1600BPI magtape?  If not, is anyone else willing to move it?

I can port the software if it is 4.xBSD or System X, if needed; I'm not
worried about that (unless, of course, it's in VAX assembler! :-).

--bsa
--
Brandon Allbery, decvax!cwruecmp!ncoast!bsa, ncoast!bsa at case.csnet (etc.)
6504 Chestnut Road Independence, Ohio 44131 +1 216 524 1416 -- CIS 74106,1032