How to get ">" symbol when referring to articles?

Jerry Peek jerryp at tektools.UUCP
Tue Apr 2 16:50:53 AEST 1985

In article <182 at tektools.UUCP> jerryp at tektools.UUCP (Jerry Peek) writes:

> If you don't have or use rn, but you are using the "vi" editor to edit your
> posting, you can do a filter-through with "sed", the stream editor.  Put your
> cursor at the first line of the reply and type:
>
> 	!Gsed 's/^/> /'

Oops; how embarrassing.  I got mail reminding me that it's much more efficient
to do it directly in "vi":

but the *reason* I posted the reply still stands -- to demonstrate the "vi"
filter-through.  It works with any UNIX filter, not just "sed" -- using it gets
to be a habit!  Examples include "tr", "expand", "colrm", "cut", etc. etc...

--Jerry Peek
  tektronix!tektools!jerryp