Alternate Shells

David Parter david at wisc-rsch.arpa
Tue Aug 27 13:02:20 AEST 1985

> Next joke, please.   Suffice it  to say  that "lock"  isn't nearly as
> secure as  it might  lead you  to believe.   This  probably isn't the
> place  to  go  into  the  details  of why,  but I  wouldn't trust the
> standard "lock" to protect anything I valued.

>           Doug Hosking

possible solutions:
    1)  don't leave your terminal (logged in) alone.
    2)  fix lock, if you need a secure locking mechanism for yourself
        or your users. We have made some fixes to it.

david
--
david parter
UWisc Systems Lab

uucp:	...!{allegra,harvard,ihnp4,seismo, topaz}!uwvax!david
arpa now:	david at wisc-rsch.arpa
arpa soon:	david at wisc-rsch.WISCONSIN.EDU or something like that