arrow key/redrawing in vi

Don stanonik at nprdc.arpa
Thu Aug 29 02:14:36 AEST 1985

A couple of our users recently complained that ^L didn't redraw
the screen in vi.  Sure enough, it didn't.  The problem appeared
to be that the termcaps, wy50 and tvi910, each had a right arrow
key capability of ^L and vi seems to interpret typed keys first
as arrow keys and second as vi commands.  Our solution was to
remove the right arrow key capability, but since several other
termcaps also use ^L for right arrow, we wonder if we're overlooking
some other solution (a fix? so vi interprets keys as vi commands
first?).

Thanks,

Ron Stanonik
stanonik at nprdc.arpa