Bitnet gateway software?

zben at umd5.UUCP zben at umd5.UUCP
Thu Aug 29 06:52:09 AEST 1985

We have an operating Arpa to BitNet reforwarding service (our network people
bristle when I call it a "gateway", evidently that means something else to
them :-) here.  Very homebrew.  Written in Univac 1100 assembly language, so
the code itself would not be terribly useful.  The physical path is also done
by another program (RTP, makes Univac into HASP workstation on IBM system).
We also had to hack up RSCS on the IBM systems just a little bit.

BUT, I do have header munging algorithms sufficient to satisfy those mailers
on the IBM systems that (gasp!) LOOK at header fields.

--
Ben Cranston  ...{seismo!umcp-cs,ihnp4!rlgvax}!cvl!umd5!zben  zben at umd2.ARPA